Friday, March 26, 2010

I have arrived

When I arrived at the shoot this morning the model greeted me with this: "Hi, I'm also a makeup artist, and I'm very fussy, it's just that I know what works with my face"....eek... the pressure!!!! I was a bit nervous and had visions of her looking in the mirror and then throwing things at me.

I'm pleased to report that she was very happy with her makeup and so was her mom (and we all know mom's are the biggest makeup critics - their baby was born gorgeous and perfect and doesn't need all that muck on her face - sounds just like your mom doesn't it?). I wasn't entirely convinced, most people are just too polite to say if they don't like the makeup, but our dear darling lovely model told me that I am the first person in a very long time who has done her makeup and she's been happy with it, and she took my number so she can refer work to me (the ultimate compliment!). So yes ladies and gentlemen, it certainly feels as though I have arrived *gives herself a pat on the back*

Maybe my sociable and charming personality renders people incapable of seeing flaws in my makeup? Maybe it's a superpower? Maybe Wolverine wants me to have his babies?....... see what happened right there? You were so enthralled with my maybe's that you didnt even notice my eyeliner is skew!

Maybe it's talent, maybe its personality, potatoe, potato.... either way I still feel like I have arrived, did I mention that?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment