Saturday, June 6, 2009

Published Work

My first cover! oh the excitement! It was a Friday morning when the mag went on sale - I called 5fm for the Reasons-To-Feel-Good bit - "My reason to feel good is that I did makeup for my first cover and its on sale today!"

I have a random friend on Facebook who was chatting quite a lot to me at that time, he sent me a mail asking if it was me he heard on the radio - yes sirreeee it was me! He said it was so weird that he heard my voice on the radio before he even met me. I think I should marry him so we can have a cool story to tell the grandkids

Back to the cover: Model - Maria Ting-Yu Chou, Hair Stylist - Mario Careri (smokes the best cigarettes from Turkey apparently), Photographer - Paul Duffy (crazy Brit, fabulous dark humour, likes to say arse and knob, http://www.paulduffyphoto.com/)



This picture was not specifically shot for the cover - the magazine featured Bruce K Cantrell (http://www.brucekcantrell.com/) and it was chosen from his pics

I love this pic! Very trashy makeup, model lying on the road in skimpy clothes, definitely not her usual look (http://www.jordanleschinsky.com/). This pic is also very sentimental to me because I met my gay husband at that shoot *shows Johann her koeksuster fingers*



This pic was an A4 feature in the above Pix Mag, some more of Bruce K Cantrell's amazing work. The lovely model is Shafiqua du Sart




This pic was taken for stock purposes and appeared in the April '09 issue of Soul mag, no I had never heard of Soul mag before but its still just as exciting to have your pics in an unknown magazine!


Model - the beautiful and very versatile Joyce *makes a note to find out Joyce who*


Photographer - the extremely talented Luba Nel, she is the model's cheerleader while shooting, great fun to watch

This pic also appeared in the April '09 issue of Soul magazine

Model - Joyce (her surname is on the tip of my tongue), Photographer - Luba Nel

No comments:

Post a Comment