Sunday, November 7, 2010

It feels like the first time, every time

I remember the first day one of my pics was published, it felt like Christmas morning! Oh the excitement!

Fast forward a couple of years and you would think the excitement would have worn off by now...but every time I see another one of my pics published I feel the same thrill and sheer joy as I did the first time! Seeing my work out there really boosts my pride in my work and gets rid of any doubt I may have about my skill.

Many of the pics I have worked on are sold as stock photos, so it's not often that I know where the pics are being used and it's pure luck when I stumble upon them as was the case at the recent Photo & Film Expo. I was walking around at the expo when something caught my eye... I know that girl, oh my god, it's Joyce, it's Luba's pic, it's my makeup, it's in a big shiny book, no wait, it's in TWO shiny books!



Photographer: Luba V Nel
Model: Joyce Nkonyana
The staff at the Jetline stand must have thought I was a lunatic! I squealed with delight when I saw the pics!
Jetline man: "Mam, would you be interested in a photo book?"
Lunatic: "No! But please take a photo of your stand and mms it to me, I left my phone at our stand and I NEED a photo of this!"

.

1 comment:

  1. cute, thanx! nice one for Joyce! I was at the stand as well, just did nto see it

    ReplyDelete