Friday, December 17, 2010

My favourite photo. Ever


I love this photo. Well, to be more precise I love what this photo is not. This photo is not of a doll-like girl crossing a busy New York street. No. This photo is of a real girl, really in South Africa. This photo is the genius of Seagram Pearce (I asked him what his name means, I was expecting a cool story, but according to him Seagram is just Seagram *shrug*). When people think of Photoshop they think of no wrinkles and big boobs, but this photo proves how phenomenal Photoshop can be. Photoshop is magic!

Seagram is a Cape Town based photographer and his work is simply amazing www.seagrampearce.com. He had a trip to JHB planned and was looking for makeup artists to work with. After seeing this taxi pic I would have given body parts to work with him! But boy oh boy was I nervous!!! I had pictured a fairly serious middle aged guy who would take one look at my work and shout 'I can't work like this! Off with your head!'

I was pleasantly surprised. How do they package so much talent in such a fresh young container? And he's funny, real funny. Just take a look at what he does on other shoots with famous people
Fun huh?

Here is a pic from the shoot I did with Seagram, it's not the best of the series but I just love Thabi's shoes so had to post this one!

Seagram, I still have some body parts I'm willing to part with, let me know when you're in JHB again :-)

DISCLAIMER: I had nothing to do with the taxi photo, I wasn't there when it was taken, I don't even know the model. I just love the photo. A lot.

.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha, you rock.

    I'll definitely be back... the new year has all kinds of things in store. I'll probably do another 'batch' booking thing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like all the photos. more fun than super posed.

    neverwashis on swapbot btw

    ReplyDelete