Saturday, January 8, 2011

I truly am a colour lover

It never crossed my mind that I might have a slight obsession with colour until I walked into Brigitte's salon room.
**(Brigitte is a french lady I met who needed a model for some revolutionary new eyelash enhancement technique - she basically sets your eyelashes so they are evenly spread out and curled up, almost like lash extensions but nothing is attached to your own lashes - have I confused you yet? have a look at this link -> http://www.makeup4ever.be/EN/our-procedures.html, scroll over the eye pics, how fabulous? I am super thrilled with the results!)**
Back to Brigitte's room, it's the cutest salon room I have even been pampered in. One wall had a lifesize Audrey Hepburn sticker on it, another had a beautiful mirror and ta daaa my favourite.....(the cellphone pic does the colours no justice)

I'm trying to learn French so was super excited when I saw it. It's in front of the bed and while Brigitte works her magic on your lashes you get to stare at the Eiffel tower and imagine being fed croissants by a handsome, dark haired, blue eyed Frenchman. And then it hit me. I didn't just see a cute wall sticker, I saw a wall sticker and my mind started rattling off nail polish colours like a quiz champion...
The wall wasn't light green, it was Mint Candy Apple...
The leaves on the right weren't grey, they were Chinchilly...
The leaves on the left and the chicken weren't green, they were Grassy Green...
The car wasn't dark green, it was Paper Chasing...
The tower and bird weren't maroon, they were Damsel in a Dress...
The clouds weren't light blue, they were Blanc with a few drops of Mesmerise and a splash of Manhattan...
*GASP* am I a nail polish addict too?! Oui, je suis!

.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is great. I have suddenly found myself obsessed with all things Paris, having never had a love for it before that I can remember. I LOVED reading this. SO refreshing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wonder who comes up with nail polish names. My favorite color is "Sugar Sugar" by Sinful Colors. It's inexpensive and good quality. What is your favorite brand? Hollychihuahua from SB

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the lovely comments ladies! Lola, I will try get my hands on some "Sugar Sugar", I find myself drawn to Essie the most, probably because of the cute names!

    ReplyDelete