Monday, December 26, 2011

Pretty Christmas

I recently worked for a tv show, All Access Mzanzi, at Emperor's Palace. We shot in the beautifully festive Garden of Lights - a sparkly light display reminiscent of overeager Americans trying to outdo their neighbour's Christmas efforts.

Excuse the el crappo pics, I blame Blackberry. It's almost 2012, a new Earth has been found, but we still can't take decent pics at night, what's the plan Blackberry?!?




And of course it wouldn't be Christmas without a giant Christmas tree....

......and it most certainly wouldn't be Christmas without some tourists 'stealing' the star with amateur trick photography *STREEEETCH*...
"GOT IT!"
Chips! Chips! Everybody on best behaviour!

Yes it seems like fun but I was not a happy camper that day, I had a scissor accident the previous day which got me 3 stitches in my arm and a tetanus injection that hurt like a bitch! My arm was sore, Emperor's is a loooong drive from home, it was drizzling, it was cold, not a happy camper. But luckily the crew was amazing, they all aaah shamed and made me feel a bit better. Glen the sound guy was like an early Christmas present, he carried all my stuff for me, acted like he actually wanted to be at my pity party, and even got me candy!
It turns out Glen is a Taurus, it's my lot in life to be surrounded by amazing Taurus men! He can also be bullied into meeting me at Burnside's at 10pm to bully them into letting us in to feed my cheesecake addiction. Best cheesecake EVER! Burnside's, you might want to write that down.

The presenter was the super gorgeous Pabi Moloi. She has a larger than life personality, a great smile, laughs like she means it, very down to earth, gracious, sophisticated, curves in all the right places and a wicked sense of humour......God I sound like a match making service! She really is fab though. And those cheekbones!!
Damn you Blackberry! That pic does her no justice! ...*click click stalk steal*....here's a proper pic courtesy of her Twitter profile
Too pretty.

Merry merry and happy happy everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment