Saturday, September 11, 2010

I see dead people

I often get asked to help behind the scenes; I make a great reflector girl and am good at coming up with Macguyvery ways to solve problems. But there is a limit. Dead people are the limit.

We were shooting an instructional video for the SAPS Forensic Unit and after finishing the pretty detective's makeup I was asked to do some makeup for John (is it John? Maybe Ed, or Joe... I was too traumatised to remember!). I turned around and was presented with a human skull! There were numbers written across the forehead with permanent marker and could I please cover them up? Erm how about no? I feel very uneasy about dead people, especially dead people who were found in a veld with trauma to the head and who were never ever claimed by their family. I dont want the lost soul of a murder victim latching onto me as I rub its forehead like a magical lamp.

I squealed and whined so one of the real detectives (Detective McSteamy - more about him later!) took over the task. I must say he did a pretty good job!


Our dear John Doe did a great job that day too, he really is a natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment