Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dirty Girls

If I was a model and I knew I was booked for a photoshoot, I would start preparing weeks in advance. I would go for sunbed/tanning sessions, I would make sure my nails were perfectly manicured, I would have perfectly groomed eyebrows, I would defuzz everything that needed to be. I would arrive looking like a doll without ANY makeup on, that includes remnants of last night's makeup.

But alas that is often how models do not arrive to a shoot. I have seen some scary hygiene issues *shudder*. My pet hate is dirty hair. I don't like the fact that in this industry I am expected to do hair too, your face and hair are two very different entitities so why should I have to do hair?!? So I have this aversion to hair styling and then a girl with dirty hair sits in my chair, do you have any idea how sickening it is to use a hair iron on greasy hair? It literally melts into a flat disgusting strip. So gross. I used to grin and bear it and try not throw up a little in my mouth, but now I have discovered Dry Shampoo!!!

Its a spray that refreshes your hair between washes and makes it look squeaky clean, it really works, it will change your life forever! I now keep a bottle in my kit ready to fumigate any dirty heads.

2 comments: